Thursday, April 23, 2009

Trade Result - EUR/USD +80

It's hard to feel too bad about making 80 pips. I've felt better though, about making fewer pips. This trade went pretty much like I expected, we just had a bit too much volatility during the day. I entered this trade on a break of the inside channel at the close of the 0700 EDT hour bar yesterday (see chart to the right). I did this because I knew I would not have the time to watch it yesterday and I suspected that if it took off it might make it to the 800 sma. I was long at 1.2955. As you can see the trade did pretty well early, moving my stop to break even at +50 pips pretty early, then did not do too much until early this morning. The pair rose enough for us to save 80 pips, hitting a high of 1.3086 just before 0700 EDT this morning before falling back and stopping us out at break even just after 0830 EDT. The pair took off again after that brief retracement and is now almost 200 pips higher than our original entry point. I hope some of you were lucky, or smart enough to stay in the trade. I was not able to watch it so I will have to be satisfied with my 80 pips. I expect that this pair may get has high as the 800 sma, which would end up being a total gain of 250 pips or better. Hats off to you, if you are still in.

Happy Trading!