Monday, January 5, 2009

USD/JPY Trade Closed

Wow, what a move. We got stopped out at 91.98 for an 80 pip gain, but after the pair fell 20 pips or so below my stop loss it rocketed up for another 140 pips and appears to still be moving up! Sometimes I think to myself "If I had only moved my stop to break even instead of locking in x amount of profit, or if I'd only locked in 50 pips not 100, I'd have been there for the big gain". But the truth of the matter is that that sort of thing works against you as often as it works in your favor. You may feel that a wider stop serves your trading style and, if your account can handle it, feel free to trade your personal style. Mine is a bit more conservative. I'd rather lock in gains or take profit on half of my trade and let the other half see what it can do. That works for me. To each his own, I guess.

Happy Trading!