Friday, January 16, 2009

Trade Update EUR/JPY and USD/CHF

This trade opened at the end of the1400 EST bar at 118.02. It moved up pretty well and we moved to break even when the pair hit 118.52 a bit after 1900 EST. It was moving pretty well so I put a 50 pip trailing stop on to see what it would do thinking that if I got up today and it was still open, I might tighten it up. It continued to move up and, while I was asleep, the stop moved up to 119.02. The pair got has high as 119.90, but just after the open of the European session it moved down to take me out at 119.02. Still, a net +100 pips. Can't be too sad about that.

On the USD/CHF trade, however, is not going as well. The trade opened not long after I put the post up at 1.1271. It moved up a bit but fell after the ECB rate cut and is flirting with my stop at 1.1099. Hope springs eternal, but this one is not looking good. I'll update it later.

I'll be on vacation until with week of January 25 so it is unlikely there will be any new posts until after that. Happy Trading!