Sunday, January 25, 2009

USD/CHF Trade Result

Greetings All! I am back from vacation (last night very late) and just wanted to update the USD/CHF trade I had open when I left. If you'll refer to the last post (Jan. 16) you'll see that the trade was not looking good when I departed for vacation. It did turn around however (I told you that hope springs eternal!), and it moved up to 1.1344 on the morning of the 19th and my stop moved to break even. I was not able to watch the market while away, so I set my profit target at 1.350 (where I saw some resistance) and took off. It hit that target for a profit of +79 pips. If I had been here I would likely have put a 50 pip trailer on it and let it go and that would have take me out at 1.1421 for a +150 pip gain (71 pips better than my take profit target). As it was, the pair ran all the way up to break 1.1700. Quite a run, even for a pair that was ready to break out. I'll be satisfied with my +79 and be looking for more this coming week.

Happy Trading!