Thursday, June 4, 2009

Trade Result - USD/CHF +60

Ok, it took three tries, but I finally got some pips out of this trade. The first break out opened at the end of the 0400 EDT bar yesterday. It immediately went up and we moved to break even at +30 pips. Then it moved down during the same bar (0500 EDT) and took us out at break even. I believed this pair had some movement in it so I entered on the next close above the upper channel line at the end of the 0700 EDT bar yesterday. It took a bit longer to get to break even and was eventually stopped out without a gain. I came close to hitting my 20 pip trailing stop on this one during the 1200 EDT candle, but missed it by 1 pip. Not to be dissuaded, I entered long again when the 0500 candle this morning closed above the upper channel line. I was long at 1.0676. The pair rose strongly, and By the close of the 0700 candle, I had moved to break even and saved +60 pips. I thought this might be the move I was looking for, but the next hour's candle took us out for the +60 pip gain. I'm tired of this pair and am putting it away for awhile. I'm going to be satisfied with 60 pips and wait for the next opportunity. In writing this report I realize that I was trying too hard to make pips on this pair. I should have probably stopped after the first trade and definitely should have stopped after the second trade. It is hard sometimes not to try to get the price of a pair to do what we want it to do. As much as I've learned, I sometimes still get caught in the greed trap. Live and learn I guess.

Happy Trading!