Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Trade Result - EUR/GBP +60

For the original trade idea, click here. This trade opened when the 0800 hour bar closed above the upper channel line on Friday, May 8. I was a bit late getting in so I opened my position a little higher than I would have liked at 0.8945. The pair moved to break even at +30 pips just after midnight on Sunday night (actually, early Monday morning) and I put a 10 pip trailing stop on the trade. I was stopped out after a big run up about 1125 EDT Monday at 0.9005 for a +60 pip gain (its actually better than that as these are "super pips" worth about 1.3 times the value of normal pips!). Its a nice win. As you can see from the chart, the pair has since fallen back inside the channel so we did about as good as we could do on this breakout.

Happy Trading!