Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Trade Updates - GBP/JPY and USD/CAD

Both of these trades are open and running. The GBP/JPY trade (see yesterday's post on this pair) opened at the end of the 0100 EST bar this morning at 131.82. It started up nicely ending the next bar at +40 pips, but then came back down and closed inside the channel at 131.07 for a -75 pip loss. Later this morning at the end of the 0600 bar it closed outside the channel at 131.80. It made it to +100 and I moved to break even. I now have a 50 pip trailer on it and have saved 50 pips, so this trade will not be a loss. It will be interesting to see if it keeps going away from the 800 sma. Time will tell.

I'm also in the USD/CAD trade. It opened at the end of the 0800 bar, but as I was travelling, I did not get in at the close and got a better price. My entry price is 1.2588. It has been hovering around that price for a few hours so I'll be interested to see how it does. I'll keep you posted.

Happy Trading!