Friday, December 19, 2008

USD/CHF Trade Idea

Last post I talked about the USD/CHF pair looking like it could move up with an ultimate profit target of has high as 1.22. I opened my trade at 1.0780 yesterday about noon. I am looking for it to push through some resistance at about the 1.1125 level and move up to the neighborhood of 1.1350 before trying to consolidate. I've got a trailer on of about 100 pips so I am in for at least 250 pips of profit and potentially a lot more if things go right. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'm also looking for a comeback for the EUR/GBP. The EuroPound pair has had a nice run lately up better than 1800 pips since October 19. It has been retracing for the last day or so and looks to push back up as the Euro strengthens in the international marketplace and the Pound weakens. Its trading at about 0.9325 now. I look for the first profit target at about 0.9425 with an ultimate target of 0.9600. I'll keep you posted if the trade opens (if it moves up through my resistance line and closes above it on the hour chart).

Happy Trading!